There are risk factors that have been associated with an increased risk of death/murders for women and men in violent relationships. While what will happen in your case cannot be predicted, we can help you be more aware of the danger in abusive situations. Using this risk assessment can help you see how many of the risk factors apply to your personal situation. (Mark Yes or No for each of the following; "He/she" refers whoever is currently physically hurting you)
1. Has the physical violence increased in severity or frequency over the past year?
2. Does he/she own a gun?
3. Have you left him/her after living together during the past year?
3a. (If you have never lived with him, check here )
4. Does he/she work?
5. Has he/she ever used a weapon against you or threatened you with a gun, knife, etc.?
5a. (If yes, was the weapon a gun? )
6. Has he/she ever been arrested for domestic violence?
7. Has the physical violence increased in severity or frequency over the past year?
8. Do you have a child that is not his/hers?
9. Has he/she ever forced you to have sex when you did not want to?
10. Has he/she ever choked or tried to choke you?
11. Has he/she ever used illegal drugs? Such as uppers or amphetamines, speed, angel dust, cocaine, crack, street drugs, or mixtures?
12. Is he/she an alcoholic or drink a lot?
13. Does he/she control most or all of your daily activities? (For instance, does he/she tell you who can be your friend, when you can see your family,how much money you can spend, or when you can take the car?
14. Is he/she violently and constantly jealous of you? (For instance, does he/she say "If I can't have you, no one will.")
15. Have you ever been beaten by he/she while you were pregnant?
16. Has he/she ever threaten or tried to commit suicide?
17. Does he/she ever threaten to harm your children?
18. Does he/she threaten to harm/or has harmed your pet?
19. Do you believe he/she is capable of killing you?
20. Does he/she follow or spy on you, leave threatening notes or messages on voicemail, destroys your property, or calls you when you don't want him/her to?
21. Have you ever threatened or tried to commit suicide?
Total "YES" answers.